In order to help strengthen national unity and the consolidation of Ukrainian society, the identification of priority measures to address these issues, as well as ensuring the interaction of state bodies with civil society organizations to implement such measures, I decide:
To apply to state bodies, local self-government bodies to determine one of the priorities of their activity to ensure the adoption of measures to strengthen national unity and the consolidation of Ukrainian society, interaction with civil society organizations.
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine:
1) to develop within three months with the participation of representatives of state bodies and local self-government bodies, civil society organizations, with the involvement of leading domestic scientists and international experts, and approve a comprehensive plan of measures to strengthen national unity, consolidate Ukrainian society and support public initiatives in this area, providing , in particular:
conducting systematic studies of public processes and public opinion on topical issues related to strengthening national unity, consolidation of Ukrainian society, possible threats to these processes, developing proposals for executive bodies, other state bodies, and local governments on the basis of analysis and evaluation of such studies to address problematic issues arising in this area;
development of an effective mechanism for obtaining, including with the involvement of international institutions, information on the facts of violation of the rights and freedoms of Ukrainian citizens living in the temporarily occupied territories, prompt response to such facts, drawing attention to them by the international community;
taking measures to develop interregional cooperation in the implementation of economic, social, educational, tourism, information and other projects, including cultural, in particular, support for the all-Ukrainian cultural integration project “Ukrainian Donbass”;
providing support, including by providing grants, conducting research, implementing popular science, information and other projects aimed at restoring and preserving the historical memory of the Ukrainian people, strengthening national unity, and consolidating Ukrainian society;
creating a thematic web resource for disseminating information about the history of the Ukrainian people, the achievements of our compatriots and their contribution to the development of world civilization, modern events in Ukraine, as well as measures taken to strengthen national unity, consolidate Ukrainian society, and national-patriotic education of citizens, overcoming existing stereotypes and propaganda myths aimed at destroying the unity of the Ukrainian people;
the organization of conducting among pupils, students, young scientists contests of works, including research, term papers, diploma, research papers on the themes of the victories of the Ukrainian people in the struggle for freedom and independence, the history of state symbols of Ukraine, national patriotic education, including on the development of scenarios for theatrical productions and radio plays, the creation of short films, social advertising, other thematic art, media, educational and scientific projects, and also promoting the dissemination of the works of the winners of such competitions;
the study of the issue of providing state support for the creation and distribution of national films of historical and patriotic content;
involvement of representatives of the Ukrainian public abroad and Ukrainian foreign organizations in the preparation and conduct of activities aimed at strengthening national unity and the consolidation of Ukrainian society;
the decision in the prescribed manner the issue of financing related activities;
2) ensure that, when developing the draft State Target Program “Restoration and development of peace in the eastern regions of Ukraine”, measures are taken to:
addressing the priority issues of the life support of citizens living in the territories of Donetsk and Lugansk regions who were released as a result of the anti-terrorist operation, especially in the settlements located near the clash lines;
providing educational institutions located in the respective territories with pedagogical and scientific-pedagogical workers, in particular in the field of social and humanitarian disciplines, providing for the solution in the established manner of issues of providing housing for such workers, compensation for material costs in connection with sending them to work in another locality ;
ensuring public access to objective information about events in Ukraine and the world, distribution of materials aimed at countering the information war of the Russian Federation against Ukraine;
3) to develop, with the involvement of representatives of state authorities and local self-government bodies, civil society organizations, experts, scientists and approve, within three months, an action plan for the development of civic education in Ukraine for 2017 – 2021, to ensure the implementation of relevant measures in the established manner;
4) ensure the interaction of central and local executive bodies with civil society organizations in order to support public initiatives aimed, in particular, at:
dissemination of information about the integration course of Ukraine in the European political, economic and legal space, the Euro-Atlantic space;
national-patriotic and military-patriotic education of children and youth, the creation of conditions for their development as creative individuals;
the development of interaction and communication of children and youth from different regions, their joint media, cultural, educational and other events;
expanding the scope of the Ukrainian language as one of the most important factors of the national identity of the Ukrainian people, guarantees of its national-state sovereignty;
creation of conditions for recreation and summer holidays in other regions of Ukraine of children and youth living in the territories of Donetsk and Lugansk regions who have been negatively affected by the armed conflict;
development of the volunteer movement;
conducting informational and explanatory work to overcome historical and debunking modern propaganda myths.
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, executive authorities:
1) to provide support for public initiatives to conduct, with the participation of participants in the anti-terrorist operation in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions, volunteers, internally displaced persons of international, national and local events of national-patriotic content, including those aimed at approving the national-patriotic consciousness of children and youth, and honoring heroes of the struggle of the Ukrainian people for independence and territorial integrity, popularization of the national spiritual and cultural heritage, development with children of military-patriotic clubs;
2) take measures to publicize events to promote the strengthening of national unity and the consolidation of Ukrainian society, and the development of interregional cooperation.
Regional, Kiev city state administrations
1) to develop within two months after approval by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of a comprehensive plan of measures to strengthen national unity, consolidate Ukrainian society and support public initiatives in this area and ensure the implementation of relevant regional action plans;
2) to contribute to the implementation of all-Ukrainian and regional public initiatives aimed at strengthening national unity, establishing patriotism, restoring and preserving national memory, developing national consciousness, popularizing the spiritual and cultural heritage of the Ukrainian people, and inter-regional cooperation.
This Decree comes into force from the day of its publication.
President P. Poroshenko
December 1, 2016